CORE’s Skill Building Workshops
Computer CORE offers various skill-building workshops that are designed for community members seeking knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s ever-changing job market, to transition into a new career, or simply to learn a new skill that will make life/work easier. Some of the classes teach beginning skills while others provide intermediate and advanced training. All classes focus on increasing hands-on experience with software, hardware and skill development.
► Download the latest workshop descriptions and registration form here
►Nova Math Placement Test Preparation
Starts: Saturday, April 28th
Students in this class will review and practice hands-on exercises to help them prepare to take NOVA’s math placement test. You’ll Save money and time!
Starts: Friday, June 22nd
Email has become one of the most widely used methods of communication, whether for personal or business communications. This workshop will teach you: navigate Outlook and Google Mail to read and respond to email.
Starts: Wednesday, July 11th
Learn to use Excel for basic accounting, data analysis and other tasks in the workplace
Starts: Wednesday, July 25th
Microsoft Access is the most popular desktop application that helps you store information for reference, reporting, and analysis.
Starts: Saturday, August 4th
Learn the basics of QuickBooks, the world’s most popular accounting software, in just 2 weeks! You will get hands-on experience in:
- Basic accounting principles
- Fundamental accounting terms
- Create and run a business using QuickBooks
- Tracking income and expenses
- Reconciling and managing accounts
- Enter bills and create customer invoices
- How to create financial statements
Benefits of CORE Skill Building Classes:
- Classes target a specific skill, or skills, that a participant can begin to use immediately.
- Classes are conveniently held nights and weekends.
- Classes are short-term, ranging from 1 to 5 sessions, over several weeks (1 hour to 15 hours).
- Classes are affordable – and 100% of your enrollment fee goes back into Computer CORE’s program to benefit community members in need.
- Classes are open to everyone. The only requirement is a desire to learn a new skill, or skills!
Skills building workshops are open to all community members – whether job seekers, small business owners, parents who want to help their children with homework, community volunteers, active adults, or others. To receive updates, please email Nora ….