CORE’s Skill Building Workshops
Computer CORE offers various skill-building workshops that are designed for community members seeking knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s ever-changing job market, to transition into a new career, or simply to learn a new skill that will make life/work easier. Some of the classes teach beginning skills while others provide intermediate and advanced training. All classes focus on increasing hands-on experience with software, hardware and skill development.
► Download the latest workshop descriptions and registration form here
►Nova Math Placement Test Preparation ($95)
Students in this class will review and practice hands-on exercises to help them prepare to take NOVA’s math placement test. You’ll save money and time!
►Microsoft Outlook / Google & Smartphone ($25)
Email has become one of the most widely used methods of communication, whether for personal or business communications. This workshop will teach you how to navigate Outlook and Gmail to read and respond to email.
►Intermediate Excel ($74)
Learn to use Excel for basic accounting, data analysis and other tasks in the workplace
►Microsoft Access ($74)
Microsoft Access is the most popular desktop application that helps you store information for reference, reporting, and analysis.
Learn the basics of QuickBooks, the world’s most popular accounting software, in just 2 weeks! You will get hands-on experience in:
- Basic accounting principles
- Fundamental accounting terms
- Creating and running a business using QuickBooks
- Tracking income and expenses
- Reconciling and managing accounts
- Entering bills and creating customer invoices
- How to create financial statements
Benefits of CORE Skill Building Classes:
- Classes target a specific skill, or skills, that a participant can begin to use immediately.
- Classes are conveniently held nights and weekends.
- Classes are short-term, ranging from 1 to 5 sessions, over several weeks (1 hour to 15 hours).
- Classes are affordable – and 100% of your enrollment fee goes back into Computer CORE’s program to benefit community members in need.
- Classes are open to everyone. The only requirement is a desire to learn a new skill, or skills!
Skills building workshops are open to all community members – whether job seekers, small business owners, parents who want to help their children with homework, community volunteers, active adults, or others. To receive updates, please email email@example.com.