April 17, 2019
Computer CORE is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial executive director to build on its 20-year history of preparing low-income adults to achieve professional growth by helping them acquire core computer skills valued by local employers and providing resources to succeed in their career aspirations.
CORE’s work is accomplished through a small dedicated staff, intense volunteer commitment, community partnerships and employer relationships. Through computer and job skill training CORE offers highly-motivated low-income individuals the opportunity to transform their careers and improve their lives. Students apply to participate in an 18-week program designed to prepare them for all aspects of their careers from computer skills to resume writing and interview advice. CORE’s client-centered approach features affordable classes, convenient scheduling and multiple locations – making career advancement a more attainable goal.
CORE is governed by a nine-member board of directors. The current annual budget is $438,000. The staff is comprised of three positions augmented by more than 170 volunteers who offer classes at 10 locations. More information can be found at www.ComputerCORE.org.
Reporting to the board of directors, the Executive Director provides leadership to the organization and manages the day-to-day affairs while strategically positioning CORE for future growth.
· Providing leadership to the organization’s fundraising efforts
· Ensuring that CORE clients receive the highest quality of services through effective and efficient program management
· Establishing and maintaining relationships with employers
· Maintaining communication through Constant Contact, online reporting and other communication vehicles with donors, partners, volunteer, employers and other stakeholders
· Working with the board to develop and implement long-range strategies
· Overseeing financial management
· Supporting the board of directors in fulfillment of its governance duties
· Creating and sustaining relationships with a broad range of funding, service and community organizations and serving as the external face of CORE
· Leading and managing CORE’s staff and volunteers.
Priorities for the Next 12 to 18 Months
· Leading a robust fundraising effort
· Increasing student enrollment and the percentage of CORE students achieving professional growth
· Aligning volunteer skills with CORE’s curriculum
· Expanding the organization’s resource base of volunteers and partners
· Enhancing partnerships with employers to provide input into curriculum development, employment opportunities and funding
· Refining the curriculum to match needs of employers and students
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will bring a variety of experience and attributes to CORE, including:
· Senior management experience in a nonprofit or in human services
· Workforce development experience
· Proven track record in fundraising and sustained stakeholder relations
· Demonstrated leadership skills that mobilize and inspire staff, volunteers and other stakeholders
· Strategic, entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to translate aspirations into actions
· Ability to work with diverse populations
· Financial literacy and grants management experience
· Ability to incorporate flexible hours in work schedule to accommodate the needs of the organization
· College degree
Salary $90,000, based on experience
To apply, send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer CORE is an equal opportunity employer